Mesotherapy involves injecting a mixture of different components such as hyaluronic acid, vitamins, amino acids and proteins under the skin.
Table of Contents
Before & After Mesotherapy
So What Is
Mesotherapy is the intradermal injection of cocktails of preparations. These cocktails can include up to 50 components.
Mesotherapy cocktails can contain:
- Hyaluronic acid is the number one substance for skin rejuvenation and revitalization. It binds water molecules, retaining moisture in tissues. With the help of hyaluronic acid cell division, metabolism, regeneration processes take place. Hyaluronic acid helps to strengthen the barrier functions of the skin.
- Amino acids. “Building blocks” for proteins. They stimulate collagen and elastin synthesis and promote rejuvenation.
- Vitamins. Nourish the skin. Eliminate the signs of photo-aging, protect against ultraviolet light, promote firmness and tone.
- Herbal substances and extracts. Calm the inflammation, moisturize, relieve swellings, give a fresh, tightened appearance of the skin.
- Peptides. Provide regeneration, have antioxidant properties, strengthen vascular walls.
Types and Methods
- Injection – medication is delivered into the middle layers of the skin using syringes with ultra-thin needles.
- Applied by machine – a mesococktail is applied to the skin and then the area is treated with the nozzle of the machine. The penetrability of the cell membrane is increased by nearly 400 times during the treatment.
- Mesoroller – using a special roller, the surface of which is covered with short fine needles. The product is first applied to the skin and then rolled with a roller so that the mesococktail reaches the deeper layers.
- Fractional is a micro-injection technique. The injections are made with a special silver coated tip with micro needles. The injection depth is up to several millimetres.
- Oxygen – the drug penetrates the skin under pressure of a stream of oxygen.
- Laser – the skin is saturated with beneficial substances under the influence of infrared laser.
The treatment is performed on an outpatient basis.
Including the preparation time, you should plan a total of about 2 hours for your mesotherapy.
- Dark circles and bags under the eyes. This therapy normalizes lymph flow, eliminates localized fat deposits and tightens the skin to effectively combat under-eye bags. And its ability to restore normal skin tone helps eliminate dark circles.
- Pigment spots. They are eliminated due to the presence of substances destroying melanin in mesococktails. Already after 2–3 treatments, pigmentation becomes lighter.
- Wrinkles. The therapy is the most widespread and sparing method for removing wrinkles, including mimic lines, crow’s feet and forehead creases.
- Pimples. Some mesococktails contain antibacterial ingredients that are specifically designed to fight acne. They kill the bacteria that cause the defect, and the injections themselves trigger regeneration processes. The skin becomes healthy and fresh.
- Alopecia and hair loss. the therapy normalizes sebaceous glands of the scalp, activates hair growth, strengthens hair follicles. Therefore, it helps not only with hair loss, but also with baldness. However, in the latter case, it is important that the hair follicles are preserved. In hormonal male pattern baldness, mesotherapy is ineffective.
- Cellulite. Mesococktails eliminate localized fat deposits and smooth the surface of the skin, at the same time tightening it. The “orange peel” therefore disappears completely.
- Scars.Mesococktails specifically smooth out scars, stimulate tissue regeneration and metabolic processes. Best results are achieved in the early stages of scarring.
- Stretch marks. The therapy is one of the most effective procedures against stretch marks. It stimulates tissue regeneration, metabolic processes, as a result of which the skin in the area of effect is renewed, and stretch marks disappear.
- Mesotherapy can take between 15 and 40 minutes, depending on the size of the area to be treated.
- Several sessions may be required.
Possible Risks for Mesotherapy:
- Bruising and redness as a reaction to the injection of the needle and medication.
- Infections are extremely rare, and for a proven clinic and experienced specialist, this is an impossible side effect.
- It can cause complications with certain diseases, that is why it is not recommended for gallstones, cancer, blood clotting disorders, etc.
No special aftercare is required for mesotheraphy.
As it is expected, redness and swelling of the skin will disappear within a few hours.
Top Mesotherapy costs by country
The cost of a mesotherapy depends on the experience of the doctor or cosmetologist, the ingredients used and the clinic you choose.
The prices listed below are intended to give you an approximate idea and are not a final quotation. Your MedClincs consultant will be happy to provide you with details.
|Türkiye (Turkey)||~ 180€||★★★★★|
|Czech Republic||~ 290€||★★★★|
|United Kingdom||~ 500€||★★|
Can I use mesotherapy on my scalp?
Yes, it improves hair growth, stops baldness, eliminates dandruff and dryness. Hair becomes thick, beautiful and shiny. Intradermal injections supply follicles with nutrients, stimulate blood circulation of the scalp, regulate keratinization processes and sebum production.
What is the difference between injection-free and ordinary mesotherapy?
In injection-free mesotherapy, drugs or drug mixtures are injected subcutaneously with a machine that creates high pressure. This technique is used to rejuvenate the skin, remove age spots and minor blemishes. The injected drugs are not deposited but are immediately absorbed and begin to work. With this treatment, more treatments are needed.
Can mesotherapy eliminate cellulite?
Yes, it is a very effective method of combating subcutaneous fatty deposits. Anti-cellulite cocktails are injected under the skin and gradually diffused with the blood and lymph flow. The cocktails break down the fat, remove excess water, tone the blood vessels and improve the microcirculation in the tissue. For best results, mesotherapy is combined with wraps, massages and other treatments.
How does mesotherapy help fight wrinkles?
The appearance of wrinkles is linked to a decrease in skin elasticity caused by the body’s reduced production of elastin and collagen. Intradermal injections of these substances slow down the ageing process, smooth out wrinkles and make the face and body smooth and beautiful. The number of treatments is selected individually, but maintenance courses are necessary after the treatment is completed.
What can mesotherapy be combined with?
Mesotherapy is not usually a monotherapy. It can be combined with almost all cosmetic procedures: chemical peels, fillers, muscle relaxant, biorevitalisation, hardware cosmetology, plastic surgery.
When can I have muscle relaxants after mesotherapy?
The mesotherapy treatment should be completed 2 weeks before the muscle relaxant injection. It is possible to resume mesaotherapy sessions 3 weeks after muscle relaxant injections (after reaching its maximum effect).
Can mesotherapy and fillers be combined?
A course of mesotherapy is best performed before the fillers. After injections of fillers, it is done after at least 10-14 days.
How does mesotherapy combine with plastic surgery?
You should receive 4-5 sessions of mesotherapy to prepare for surgery, which will speed up the rehabilitation period and reduce the risk of complications. After removal of the dressing – the number of mesoprocedures is determined by the doctor according to indications.
Mesotherapy Treatment History
The history of this therapy dates back to the work of Dr Michel Pistor (1924 – 2003).
He carried out clinical research and conducted international trials in the field of intradermal therapy. He worked on these procedures from 1948 to 1952, after which the term ‘mesotherapy’ was officially introduced by the French press in 1958.
Nearly 30 years later (in 1987) mesotherapy was recognised by the French Academy of Medicine, and the practice was authorised.
Types of Mesotherapy Treatment
You might also be interested in ...
Prices & Costs for Permanent Makeup, Hair, Nails & Eyelashes in 2023
Methods, Price, Costs & Clinics
Prices, Methods & Costs 2023
Prices, Clinics & Costs 2023
Best Methods, Prices & Clinics 2023
Best Methods, Clinics, Prices & Costs